Monday, November 23, 2009

Late Survivor Series Preview!

Ah, the Thanksgiving Eve (Eve Eve Eve) Tradition!

Quite a lackluster job by the WWF of generating interest in this show, but the matches themselves could be fairly good. Onto the card before the tryptophan kicks in....

Survivor Series Elimination Match
Morrison Starship (John Morrison, Evan Bourne, Matt Hardy, Finlay & Shelton Benjamin) vs. The Awesomenauts (The Miz, Sheamus, Drew McIntyre, Jack Swagger & Dolph Ziggler)

Ah, a rematch from the slightly-disappointing Morrison-Miz tilt at Bragging Rights! WWF brass are high on at least two of the heels, but I think Team Morrison still takes this one and gives John Morrison a win in the return match.

Winner: Team Morrison, with Morrison and Hardy surviving in a callback to their August alliance.
My Pick: The Same!

Batista vs. Rey Mysterio
Too early to end the feud, sure, but both brands need heels and Rey Rey needs some time off. We're in DC, which means any normal company would put the hometown guy over, but the WWF has a thing about that so you never know. Still, I think common sense prevails here.

Winner: Batista
My Pick: Batista

Black Power, Plus Christian! (Kofi Kingston, R-Truth, Christian, MVP & Mark Henry) vs. The Royal Straight-Edge Legacy (Randy Orton, CM Punk, William Regal, Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase)
Meltzer brought up a good point in the news update; regardless of who wins here, Kofi HAS to take out Orton to keep the momentum going from the MSG Raw (which was excellent, and I normally hate Raw). I think they do just that, but that Team Kofi still loses somehow

Winner: Team Orton, with Ted DiBiase as your Sole Survivor
My Pick: The above scenario sounds just fine as long as they put some effort into it.

WCW Championship
Triple Threat Match
The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho vs. The Big Show
I don't think they're about to break up JeriShow, but I'd have no qualms with Jericho getting the win here. Doubt it happens, though.

If they go through with Cena-Taker at Mania, are both guys going to drop their belts ahead of time? Is either?

Winner: The Undertaker
My Pick: Chris Jericho

The Spunky Hats (Mickie James, Melina, Gail Kim, Eve Torres & Kelly Kelly) vs. The Outfits of Puzzling Faith-Based Imagery (Michelle McCool, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox & Jillian Hall)

Awww, no Nattie? Even with just six matches on the card, I expect this one to be short

Winner: I doubt McMahon even cared enough to figure this out before this morning, but let's say the faces, eh?
My Pick: Team Mickie, as it includes both her (cute even at a controversial higher weight class) and the great Gail Kim

WWF Championship
Triple Threat Match
John Cena vs. Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels

Well, they did the right thing in the Michael Bay-esque Iron Man Match, and gave the belt and the ultimate victory to Cena. After they spent the year switching the strap every week or so, I will now stand by my promise to support a nice, long Cena title reign. Orton wasn't reaching any new heights with the strap anyway, so might as well keep it on the Franchise indefinitely and make it mean something again.

That starts TONIGHT, I hope.

Winner: John Cena, and a DX breakup angle, which will only be watchable in a "we didnt see this from 2002-2004" manner if Michaels is the one who heels out.
My Pick: Cena, and the Michaels heel turn to end all heel turns. Seriously, he would be AWESOME in the role.

Or, we're just gonna see months and months of DX vs. JeriShow. There are worse things.

Recommendation: Well, it's too late already, because this is going up after the show happened (although before I know anything of the results). I hope you read last week's TNA preview and splurged for that, because it was the best show of the year. I expect significantly less here, and will be watching it later by a means that will cost me 0 dollars.

Happy thanksgiving, all.

No comments: