Sunday, July 17, 2011

Money In The Bank Preview!

It's the SUMMER OF PUNK!

Mark me down as astonished at how many people seem to believe this is Punk's last night in the company. Dave Meltzer even mentioned in his update today that Punk is almost definitely leaving, which I agree is likely, but not until after Summerslam. The hints have all been dropped; I think we're in for another month or so of fun. Tonight, specifically, should be tremendous fun.

RAW Money In The Bank Match
Rey Mysterio vs. Alex Riley vs. Evan Bourne vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. The Miz vs. R-Truth vs. Jack Swagger

If there's a cash-in coming later in the evening, as many are speculating, you'd expect Del Rio to win here. I'd be on board with almost anything else - Del Rio already won that #1 contender's match, and the title match later will be best if like twenty different scenarios are in play going in. Just please no SAY IT TO MY FAAAAACE Alex Riley briefcase push.

Winner: The Miz, who cashes in on the SMACKDOWN winner and then wins the title and heads over there for a while. They need heels, you see.
My Pick: R-Truth, because I'm not yet sick of his new heel schtick. However, they may have blown him off when he got okie-doked by Little Jimmy at Capitol Punishment.

Big Show vs. Mark Henry
BATTLE OF THE SKYSCRAPERS!
MAMMOTHS COLLIDE!

I am way more excited than I should be for this match.

Winner: Mark Henry
My Pick: The same

WCW Championship
Randy Orton vs. Christian

Should be an excellent match, much like the last two PPV matches they've done. Christian is good as a heel, but he really needs the old version of his music back.

Winner: Randy Orton, then Miz cashes in
My Pick: Christian

SMACKDOWN Money In The Bank Match
Sin Cara vs. Kane vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Wade Barrett vs. Heath Slater vs. Justin Gabriel

Jeez, they're really scraping the bottom of the barrel for participants here. I wish at least one of these matches would just use the old 6-man format - 8 is too many to jam in, and I doubt anyone would miss Slater or Gabriel.

Winner: Sheamus, or a mystery guy who gets put in the match after not winning the first one. Who knows, it could just be someone they want to feed to Cena or Punk later in the show.
My Pick: DANIEL BRYAN! Good on you for getting on a PPV card!

WWF Women's Championship
Kelly Kelly vs. One (1) Bella

If you are a human, and you are not an identical twin or part of the Kelly Kelly Kelly family, it is impossible for you to care about this match.

Winner: The two Kellys defeat the one Bella
My Pick: A sweet merciful end to this match

WWF Championship
John Cena vs. CM Punk

This is the big one. I can't remember a B-show with a main event this big in quite some time, and they could go tons of different routes with this. The safe pick for them is Punk winning followed by Del Rio cashing in to take the belt; however, I have a bit more faith in them than that, and I think they've talked Punk into staying for another month. I say he wins here, and then in my dream world takes the belt to ROH or something like that as they film vignettes of a fired Cena following him around the country and trying to win it back. If they put some effort into this, the next month or two could be really, really cool.

Winner: CM Punk
My Pick: CM Punk wins & walks out as champion, Raw does a 4 tomorrow night

Overall: Holy crap, enjoy. I can't wait for this to start.

No comments: